Mother's Day Lunch @ Chili's



What!? Isn't Mother's Day next Sunday? Yes it is! But the Mrs works next weekend so we had to take Mom out this weekend. But Chili's!? Before you call me a cheapskate (or worse), I did offer Mom options like La Mer, Chef Mavro, Hoku's and Nobu but Mom deferred stating that she didn't want "to dress up" She actually first chose Ruby Tuesday at Windward Mall but I deferred stating that she still drove herself to Windward Mall so choose somewhere else - somewhere she wouldn't drive like in town. So the second choice was Chili's.

We started with cocktails, the Mrs selecting the Sparkling Pomegranate Margarita ($12.99)


I had the Top Shelf Margarita, blended no salt ($8.99)


Mom simply had the Woodbridge Chardonnay ($5.75). I actually HAD to order a 2nd glass for her - she finished it before her meal arrived and didn't want a second since it actually wasn't Mother's Day. We then sampled the Sothwestern Eggrolls ($11.29) which appeared to only contain spinach, corn and cheese. I didn't see (or taste) any chicken, black beans or red peppers in the mix.


Mom sampled the California Club Toasted Sandwich ($12.99)


While the Mrs had the Caribbean Salad with Grilled Chicken ($13.99)


And I had the Margarita Grilled Chicken ($15.99)


Mom and the Mrs still had a little space after lunch so they split the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie ($7.49)


Mom enjoyed her meal and I guess that's all that really counts. My meal was ok though for the same price, Soul de Cuba has Lechon Asado or Adega Portuguesa has a full lunch buffet. And those cocktail prices are approaching Waikiki cocktail prices. But it was for Mom so it's all good...

Comments