Lunch at Left Bank in Larkspur

Other than Buckeye Roadhouse, this was the only "planned" lunch for the trip. The online menu looked great but you can never tell especially when seasonal items are usually used and the web postings are updated regularly. Left Bank refers to the left bank of the Gironde river in the Bordeaux region of France known for the pricey 1st Growths (Lafite Rothschild, Margaux, Latour and Mouton Rothschild). Of course that would mean the food here is French.
We apparently recovered from our previous lack of culinary prudence and indulged to the hilt. I started with a glass of sparkling Rose that was juggled by our server at no charge (it's sad to see spilt wine... especially sparkling wine). We proceeded with the Chicken Liver Mousse:


And the Steak Tartare. I must say that the mousse was just as good as mine (watakushi wa ichiban ii desu yo) and I have yet to find a steak tartare I didn't like, especially when a raw quail's egg sits on it dead center. I asked for the Steak Tartare well done to which our server did a momentary double take.


We then had the Champignon Tarte - like the Italian P-word (which our server would not say) but with a crispier crust almost like a thick cheese tuile. We also indulged in the Salade Lyonnaise, frisee, bacon, poached eggs and a mustard vinaigrette. I'm salivating as I type this.



And since discretion wasn't the better part of valor, we also ordered entrees. The Mrs had the Halibut with Tomatoes, Corn and Favas in a Beurre Blanc while I had the Gnocchi with Mixed Mushrooms, Fava and Tomatoes.



Needless to say, I died at dinner that night though at least I made it up to dessert then collapsed

Comments