Valentine's Day 2012

     ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   @>-'-,-----   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~

I'm usually not a sucker for the big V-Day (I meant sucker since it's the only day that $1.50 roses go for $10 a piece for about 48 hours). And this year, it fell in the beginning of the work week so having an extended romantic dinner didn't seem as appealing when there was another 3 days of work ahead. So I did takeout. The Mrs likes sushi and we haven't been to the Genki Sushi in Kaneohe for quite a while so I placed an order before leaving work. Upon arrival at Genki, surprise, surprise! They no longer allow patrons to BYOB! I first ordered one of the Mrs' faves, the Teri Chicken Bowl:


Along with the Seafood Salad, Scallop Mayo, Spicy Ahi and Spicy Salmon


The Yaki Salmon and Garlic Salmon (good but you can still taste the propane from the torching process)


Crab Mayo


The Ultimate Trio (I can't tell you what trio of fish since they were smothered in mayo)


The Dragon Roll


And another of the Mrs' faves, the Tuna Salad


Along with my fave, the Salmon Skin Roll (all the luxury of bacon without the guilt)


And you can't have sushi without sake (especially when dining in at Genki now... ) so I opened my last bottle of Kubota Tokugetsu (it's a fall sake so it's not meant to age).


Since V-Day falls in the middle of the week for a couple more years, guess it's takeout for a couple more years...

Comments