Dinner @ the Halekulani



Okay, so it wasn't a "real" sit down dinner. It was more stand-up appetizers and cocktails then a sit-down dinner with more cocktails. It was my nephew's wedding reception. After 10 years of beta testing, they finally decided to go live on October 19th. In fact the beautiful bride mentioned during their vows that since she met my nephew as a freshman at UC Davis, she's been with him her entire adult life. That is kinda impressive!

Anyway though the appetizers were killer, I didn't take any photos since it's hard to hold your drink with one hand, hold the food with the other and hold the camera with your toes. But the spring rolls, somen rolls, mini quiches, baked oysters and suckling pig were KILLER! Of course you expect nothing less at the Hale-K.

Dinner started with a green salad with baby beet slices and cherry tomatoes (though I prefer my bacon-tomato mayonnaise as a dressing).


Next up was a seafood bisque complete with deep fried soft shell crab.


The entree was a strip steak with potato gallette and shiitake sauce


Finally, dinner ended with mocha mousse with coffee gelee and coffee granita. Yummy! I'm gonna have to try and steal this recipe or recreate it on my own.


And we sampled some of this stuff...


So congratulations K & L! May you share many years together!


I also had to photo these KILLER STYLIN' saddle shoes...


Comments