Brunch @ Sazerac



Since there weren't many breakfast options that I found on OpenTable, we decided to have brunch at Sazerac (another restaurant that I had on my punch list before leaving HNL). I made one fatal error when ordering my cocktail. I ordered a glass of bubbly instead of selecting the Mimosa or Bloody Mary Bar. For $11.00, the Mimosa Bar offered about 6 different fresh fruit juices along with several fresh fruits to garnish your drink. The Bloody Mary Bar offered a cornucopia of pickled veggies, fresh veggies, hot sauces and even strips of thickly sliced bacon to add to your libation. Oh well, I always like plain bubbly though I would have liked...



Anyway, the only other choice I had to make was whether to order the Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Eggs or the Smoked Brisket Hash. Prep time won out as biscuits can be made within the hour but a good smoked brisket takes at least 12 hours. Smoked Brisket Hash it is! It had a good smoky but not overwhelming flavor and it was very TENDER. You didn't even need teeth to chew the rough cut chunks. And when that yolk ran over the hash... Silence please!


The Mrs debated on the steel cut oats but eventually selected the traditional Two Eggs with Ham, Homefries and Toast (she still hasn't discovered the total delight of runny yolks yet).


We planned on doing sampling tidbits at Pike Place Market so we skipped dessert... well, since it was named Sazerac, I HAD to sample their namesake libation. Mmm, mmm, GOOD!


We returned the next night for dinner...

Comments