Lunch @ Monsoon Waikiki



Last year, we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Monsoon in Kihei. So much so that in May of this year, I jumped at purchasing a Groupon for the Monsoon Waikiki location. Last month I narrowly missed the cut off date for my Groupon at Tokoname Kailua. So I guess it's no surprise that I almost missed the cut off for the Monsoon purchase. But we made it!

Both the Mrs and I started off with a Mango Lassi. Never mind Jamba Juice, this mango lassi is the bomb! Plus the yogurt helps temper some of the chili pepper heat in the curries.


We also ordered a Bread Basket which included the plain Naan, Garlic Naan and Onion Kulcha


And the Mango Chutney


And the Raita or spiced yogurt dip and we used both for naan dippin' and to mix with our entrees


The Mrs selected the Mutter Paneer or peas and homemade cheese in a light curry sauce


While I chose the Lamb Rogan Josh with very tender cubes of lamb in a creamy yogurt sauce


We skipped dessert because we planned more gorging later in the evening...

Comments