Breakfast @ Longhi's



After a full night of wining and dining (and the accompanying dehydration from too much merriment), I didn't exactly feel like eating the following morning upon awakening. However the Mrs reminded me that Ms K wanted to go to breakfast... I guess I missed that part after way too much vino... and Manhattans. Oh well, nothing that a hot shower and cuppa Joe can't cure. So we settled on Longhi's.

And since a Bloody Mary is supposed to be the perfect hangover cure...


Of course I inadvertently ended up wearing some of it... I guess that celery stick caused some capillary action overflow... on to my shorts. But what ended up in my mouth was very tasty indeed!

The Mrs and K chose the Beautiful Day with iced tea, lemonade, citron vodka and triple sec.


We then progressed to the 3 Egg Omelet for K


While the Mrs had the Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes


With a side of ham and a single egg scramble (I didn't know it was possible to just cook one scrambled egg)


And I had the Smoked Salmon Benedict which was my 2nd choice since they were out of the Italian Frittata. How you can be "out" of frittata escapes me since it's basically eggs (and they had eggs), mixed cheeses (which any Italian restaurant can't be lacking) along with mixed veggies. My guess is that someone didn't dry the cast iron skillets they were served in so one of the staff had to sand the rust that formed in the skillet. But I'm just guessin'


With some Homestyle Fries


And since I saw the Guinness tap at the bar, I had a frosty Guinness with the Benedict.


And despite the "lack" of Frittata, we'll be back especially when doing post-wine-dinner sleepovers in Waikiki.

Comments