Lunch @ Mariposa



As the three day wound down, the Mrs had an errand at Ala Mo so we headed there right after my cardio session with Bessie (my bike). Since we got there a little after 11:00am, I told the Mrs we should grab a bite first before the lunch crowd started pillin' up. She chose Mariposa at the top of Needless Markup. Despite the fact that Needless costs more than a pretty penny for most of what they sell, the restaurant is actually quite reasonable compared to other restaurants in the area with the same quality of food. As usual, they started us off with a demitasse of their chicken broth.


The Mrs selected one of the special drinks of the day - a Femme something with Elderflower, vodka, blueberries and Prosecco. I didn't order it because it was a Femme-something.


I simply had a glass of Nicolas Feuillatte Brut... because I am kinda Brutus... not Femme...


We split the salad special which included smoked salmon, salmon skin cracklins, scallop carpaccio with frisee and a Green Goddess dressing. I rank this salad up there with their King Crab Salad. Loads of flavor goin' on!


The Mrs also ordered a side of the BBQ Fries served with regular ketchup, BBQ ketchup and a truffled aioli.


She then sampled the other special, Seared Opakapaka on fregola (round pasta) with a curried(?) vinaigrette


While I decided on the Hamburger with a mixture of BBQ and sweet potato fries (990 calories with a green salad so I obviously pushed well beyond the 1000 calorie mark). Good beef flavor and a touch juicier than the burger at Honolulu Burger Co.



I had it with a glass of 2010 Justin Cabernet Sauvignon


After my 1000+ calorie meal, I passed on dessert and the Mrs wanted to get her errands done so we called it a meal. Now time to go home for a nap.

Comments