Post Birthday Brunch



Since we decided to stay in town (especially with all of the sobriety checkpoints during the graduation season) after the Mrs' birthday bash, we had brunch with Ms K the next day. As usual, the Mrs wanted me to select the restaurant but also wanted to have a traditional breakfast with eggs. So as I usually tell her, if you have a request, then you select the restaurant - personally I would have selected Soul de Cuba since it's been over a year since our last visit - so the Mrs chose the Pineapple Room. And of course, I started with the "Wong Way" Bloody Mary with ume paste, li hing mui and a wasabi rim....


Holly crap, dats a spicy meatball! Is it wasabi heat?... no, it's chili pepper burn. Maybe because I didn't mix it?... No, burn the _ss chili pepper is still strong even when mixed! And the spice was confirmed by both Ms K and the Mrs. I couldn't finish it lest I sweat the rest of the meal... and even the Mrs couldn't finish. If you like chili pepper heat, or this baby. If not, STAY AWAY!

In any case, we started with a plate of French Fries - these were just a tad thicker than the golden arches and very crisp. They would have received brownie points if they were served with a mayonnaise based dip along with ketchup (like Brasserie du Vin or Mariposa).


The Mrs as usual felt very ravenous (usually the case after wine dinners) so she had the Seafood Omelet


With Fried Rice


And a small stack of Pancakes


While Ms K sampled the "Old Fashion" Burger with a cool mini fryer basket of fries


And since I knew I had to finish the "hambagu" I made at home several days earlier, I didn't want to sample the Loco Moco. My first choice actually was the "Spong" Moco with Alan Wong's house made "Spam" but our server informed us that the days batch of "Spong" came out too salty so they 86'd it. I also knew I didn't want to sample the "Hawaiian Style" Eggs Benedict since it probably was the same as my recipe (inside joke) so I selected the Furikake Crusted New Zealand, All Natural Ora King Salmon with ochazuke risotto which was very good though I don't think dish names should ever be that long...


After we finished our courses, the Mrs did ask for the dessert menu though everyone was sated at this point so we skipped the sweets. Now to look for kitcheware at Macy's...

Comments