Post Procedure lunch @ Mariposa



Once my colonoscopy was behind me... yes, the pun was intentional, I needed to refill my lower tract with something more than just pumped air (and an endoscope) so the Mrs suggested Mariposa. We arrived well before the usual lunch crowd (though it was packed when we left) and the first thing that caught my eye was a drink special - the Envious Green Martini with Hendricks gin, fresh cucumber, green chartreuse, lime juice and a cucumber curl....


But there was one problem. The Mrs saw my discharge instructions stating that I should refrain from greasy, spicy or rich meals and alcoholic beverages for the rest of the day since I had a mixture of fentanyl, midazolam and propofol and that my lower tract needed to be eased back to moderate consumption. So we compromised, she ordered the Envious Green Martini but let me take a small sip... I really need to find the recipe because this libation was the BOMB! I normally don't relish Hendricks gin because of the pronounced cucumber flavor but this drink was the perfect combo of cucumber, lime and herbs!


We started with the Mariposa Poke with hamachi, king salmon and ahi with the usual accoutrements and it's become one of my favorite poke...


And when the Mrs excused herself to wash her hands, I also ordered a side of mixed fries. She gave me "the look" when our server brought it to the table. "No greasy foods". I pleaded my case, "when fries are done properly - like at Mariposa - they're not greasy"... You can't see them but the sweet potato fries are on the bottom with a bonus of three dips...


The Mrs selected the Bistro Salad with roast chicken breast, frisee, spiced pecans and bleu cheese and a light Balsamic vinaigrette.

While I sample the Chilled Crab Salad with hearts of palm, avocado, bibb butter lettuce and a Green goddess dressing. I've had this salad and it never disappoints. Cool and crisp with a bonus of chunks of crab! Would have been great with a nice Chard but I didn't want "the stare"...


Once again, another great meal at Mariposa and you can still sample that Envious Green Martini until the end of the month. And I kinda followed Dr's orders... with the salad at least. And now that Butt Cam is behind me... pun again intended... no worries... at least for another 10 years...

Comments