Lunch @ Mariposa



Since we got a room at the Pacific Beach Hotel after our feast at Sansei, Ms K wanted to have breakfast the next morning... though Mariposa could only seat us for lunch. And since I consumed enough water the previous night and felt refreshed the next morning, I started with a cocktail, the
Basil Gimlet with Oxley dry gin, basil syrup and lemon bitters


While the Mrs selected the September cocktail of the month, the Parisian Pony with Grey Goose Melon vodka, St Germain elderflower liqueur, lime juice and ginger beer


K must not have had adequate previous night hydration because she just had a Plantation Ice Tea... and K is usually as game as they get when it comes to cocktails...


We then started with the Mixed French Fries (ALL restaurants TAKE NOTE, only Mariposa and Brasserie du Vin serve their fries with both a ketchup based and a mayo based dippin' sauce... EVERYONE should do that)!


Along with the Grilled Shrimp



The Mrs selected the Quinoa Spaghetti with chicken apple sausage


With another cocktail... am I rubbing off on her? Or is it just to uphold Ms K's usual cocktail consumption? She selected the Summer Thyme Limonata with limoncello, Solerno, thyme syrup and Fever Tree tonic water. I think this was the best cocktail of the afternoon...


While Ms K had the Seared Scallops


And I had the Pork Chop on risotto Milanese


With a glass of Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir... an homage to my new buddy Jim Clendenen...


After I finished lunch, I HAD to have another cocktail... just to uphold Ms K's honor so I selected the Mango Margarita.


Not that I needed another libation... but just to uphold K's honor...

Comments