Late Dinner @ Vino



We recently indulged in a "late dinner" at Vino... late by our standards at least since the reservations were for 7:30pm. Mainly because Ms C participated in Emalani: Scenes from the Life of Queen Emma. So once again, starting with some bubbly is in order...



Then start with some appetizers including the Calamari with balsamic-pepperoncini aioli...



And the Braised Short Rib Pizza... I tell you, Chef Keith needs to add a well placed egg on every pizza...



Then I uncork a bottle of 1998 Marc Morey Chassagne-Montrachet "les Caillerets" 1er Cru... the nose and palate changed throughout the evening... definitely at peak...  the Mrs asked if I had another bottle... nope,last one. Oh well, wine is meant to share...




I also uncork a recent acquisition from our Napa trip, a 2011 Kenzo Asuka Cabernet Franc... especially since my two younger French brothers were present... I apologize to everyone at the table that I inadvertently threw the bottle in the dryer... so it shrunk... Kenzo Estate was out of the 750s so we carted back two bottles of 375s...



While V uncorks a 2006 Detert Family Cabernet Franc... a lot different than the 2011 we sampled on our trip. Aging gives it the traditional Cab Franc nose while a young bottle still has loads of aromatics goin' on...



And of course, some reds with more heft are uncorked...





For our mains...





Along with my Mini Osso Buco...



For which I uncork my piece de resistance... a 1996 Aldo Conterno Grand Bussia Riserva Barolo. At 18 years old, it's still a baby! Still with loads of fleshy red fruit, tobacco and leather on the nose and tannins that still haven't settled. Luckily I have another bottle in storage but that bottle won't see my Pulltap for at least 5 more years...



Another great dinner... albeit a little later dinner, with La Familia. Life is good!

Comments