Wine tastin' @ SFO



Huh!? Whadya mean wine tasting at the airport? Do I mean crankin' back a few with the TSA personnel who just confiscated my wine that I tried to carry on? Nope. What I mean is an actual wine tasting within the confines of the secured zone at SFO where the UAL gates are located. Yes, a real wine bar with about 10 local beers on tap and munchies to boot!

So I sampled the diVINEly Drinkable SB sampler with a Duckhorn, Frog's Leap and a St Supery Virtu.


Attempting a selfie...


Then the Fab Cabs sampler with a Stuhlmuller, Jordan and Nickel and Nickel cabs...


I also purchased a bottle of Kusheh Rose as SF Uncork'd also sells retail that you carry on to your flight since it's in the safe zone. Obviously the mark-up is more than usual retail but ever since the terror attacks, I've always purchased at least one bottle just on principle. Before the terror attacks, I would always hand carry 9 bottles of wines in my trusty Eddie Bauer small duffle back to the 50th - neatly protected in new tube socks that I purchased either at Ross or Marshall's. Since more than 3 ounces of liquid is now prohibited, I always purchase at least 1 bottle to hand carry because if I don't, the terrorists have won. Might be a lot more expensive and SFO selections aren't always the best but it's about principle... they're not winning on my watch...

My biggest question. Why wasn't this here when I was a grad student in The City?...

Comments