Thanksgiving Dinner @ Vino



Yes, I know we frequent Vino almost as much as we frequent our own home kitchen for meals and wine. But this actually was Mom's choice. I think she likes Vino because she doesn't really have to dress up a lot, the servers don't fuss over you a lot like they would in Waikiki and it has a laid back vibe. Anyway they offered a special Thanksgiving multi-course meal along with their regular menu and they still offered some specials for the evening.


I started with a glass of Prosecco...


While the Mrs had one of Barkeep Brent's Negroni variations on the rocks...


I also ordered a bottle of 2014 Lavantureax Chablis for Mom to sample...


She was a little confused as "Chablis" to her means the stuff at Costco in the box and she wanted Chardonnay. I kept teasing Chuck that she really wanted a glass of Kirkland Chardonnay... from a magnum. I explained that true Chablis is Chardonnay and the stuff in the box had no relation to Chablis, Chardonnay or even wine...


The amuse bouche was a pumpkin and sage frittata...


We also ordered the calamari since Mom loves her fried foods...


Then we moved on to the Thanksgiving Special meal startng with the Kabocha and Ricotta Cheese Uovo... good thing Mom now loves runny egg yolks...


Then the Seared Scallops... Mom first didn't want to eat it because of the whole Genki Sushi hepatitis A fiasco... I assured her that these weren't the same as what Genki used and that those weren't ALL recalled... After sampling it, she really did enjoy it...


Leading up to Vino's Turkey Porchetta... lot of herbs and very tender... though I did pass my pea shoots to the Mrs (a little too "green" tasting for me...)


Ending the meal with the Pumpkin Tiramisu...


While the woman finished the evening with coffee, I had my usual Negroni...

When Mom and the Mrs returned from the restroom, we discovered that Mom took a while because she was busy cleaning the commode seat... you can take the Mom out of the country but you can't take the country out of the Mom... Though she enjoyed herself so much, she wants to place dinner reservations for Christmas...

Comments