Happy Hour @ Moku Kitchen



I hit the 5000 point mark on OpenTable late last year which qualified me for a $50 dining certificate. Unlike previous years where your dining certificate could be redeemed at any OpenTable participating restaurant, it required to chose from a limited list of OpenTable restaurants and since we previously had two great dining experiences at Merriman's in Kapalua, I selected sister restaurant Moku Kitchen in Kakaako. Of course, when we first visited Moku Kitchen on Christmas Day, I forgot to bring the certificate with me. Therefore I made sure we used it this staycation. Since the Mrs' hair appointment was earlier in the day, we dropped by at 3:30pm just after Happy Hour started.


Between 3:00pm and 5:30pm, all of Moku Kitchen's small plates are 50% off (except anything with raw fish), pizzas are $9 and standard cocktails are $6 (instead of $8.50) and house special cocktails are $8.50 (instead of $12) and all beer are $2 off if less than $9 and $3 off if $9 or more.


So I started with a Negroni...


While the Mrs selected the Pimm's Cup...


We then ordered the Szechuan Stir-Fry Green Beans with Mac Nuts... spicier than I remember though I still love this starter... and it makes you feel like you're being healthy...


And the Garlic Truffle Oil Fries... with accoutrements to sate both of us... house made ketchup for the Mrs and mustard aioli for me...


Along with the Hamakua Wild Mushroom Pizza... though I don't think cultivated mushrooms qualify as "wild" though it's still a great pizza... advertised as 3-day dough and 700 degree oven...


I then sampled the Belching Beaver Milk Stout (nitro beer) from the Golden State... I love me a rich dark brew...


While the Mrs selects an Aperol Spritz...


For our regular priced Poke Tacos ($19)... nice crunchy shell with a perfect balance of lime juice-avocado crema...


I finish Happy Hour with one of their posted beer specials, a Bergamot Special Bitter brewed with Earl Grey tea and lemon peel... this was a very good brew!

Even before our dining credit, our tab was a very reasonable $69.94 since it included 3 cocktails and 2 brewskies and we both were full... full enough that the Mrs didn't even want to look at the dessert menu and skipped a visit to Vino... so we'll probably be back at a future Happy Hour...

Comments