Brunch @ Hoku's



About 2 weeks ago, the Mrs treated me for my annual 29th birthday to brunch at Hoku's. I actually selected Hoku's because I tend to be a grazer and Hoku's Sunday brunch features loads of seafood... halved lobster tails, butter poached King crab, oysters on the half shell, peel-n-eat shrimp except they're already peeled plus nigiri sushi and a great salad selection. They also feature several warm dishes including carved Prime rib and rack of lamb... but me, I'm all about the shellfish...


Since it actually was my B-Day, we carted a bottle of 1996 Henriot Cuvee des Enchanteleurs since B-Days should ALWAYS be celebrated with some bubbly...



Along with the freshly squeezed juices and my Mimosa...


We also ordered Hoku's famous grilled ahi poke musubi... this was THE BOMB! Crisp exterior from the grillin' enclosing ahi poke...


We also ordered the wok fried soft shell crab... also THE BOMB! with loads of Thai flavors goin' on!


The Mrs' first plate...


My first plate...


The Mrs' second plate...


My second plate...


The Mrs' third plate...



My third plate...


And the Mrs' dessert plate...


I was too full for a dessert plate but was served a complimentary B-Day cake...



Of course, you're never too full for cocktails...


For the beautiful view of the ocean fronting the Kahala...


And the B-Day boy...

Comments