Chick Corea @ the Blue Note


We decided to attend Chick Corea's performance at the Blue Note last night for two reasons. One, I've always loved the music from the days of Return to Forever with Joe Farrell, Airto Morreira, Flora Purim and Stanley Clarke... and Two, I do have Crystal Silence on my funeral CD... yes, I know it's kinda morbid recording your own funeral CD but if I don't do it now, who knows what type of music Hosoi Mortuary will play when I finally make my final exit...


The funny thing about Blue Note is there's a $10 minimum charge per set... the only item less than $10 is beer which is $9 so I'm pretty sure most guests more than exceed the $10 minimum...


We started with the french fries...


Along with the pizza special, last night it was a Cajun chicken pizza... I love the cracker crust on their pizzas...


The Mrs also wanted to sample the spicy Italian sausage on marinara...


Of course, we needed some vino so I ordered a bottle of 2011 Ceretto Barolo...


Especially since the service can slow once the music begins...




It does get a little hot in the club...


But cool jazz always seems to keep it in the comfort zone...


Between songs, Chick did mention that Herbie Hancock was his best man when he got married 46 years ago and reminded the male patrons what day next Wednesday was... and not to forget gettin' something for that lady in your life...



So yes, we'll be back... especially if Herbie secures a gig here...

Comments