Mother's Day lunch at The Alley at Aiea Bowl





When asked where she wanted to dine, Mom chose The Alley which was a surprise since she normally will select either Ruby Tuesday or Zia's Caffe. But then she explained why. She wanted to make a stop at Sears Pearlridge to purchase water filters for her Kenmore refrigerator before they closed for good. I told her that water filters usually aren't stocked and most Sears locations will simply order them from their parts warehouse in Mapunapuna which means you have to make a return trip. I told her I'd simply order them from the internet...

So we arrived a little past 11:00am when the main lunch crowd was already seated. The server told us it would be a 15 to 20 minute wait but it only ended up about 5 minutes before we were seated.

Mom actually requested a glass of Chardonnay with lunch... I'm not sure what house Chardonnay was served but Mom seemed to enjoy it...






Mom, of course just wanted the Coca Cola turkey sandwich... in fact she's only ordered this the handful of times we've been here... though it did take longer to serve the rest of the dishes...






I also ordered a plate of the Waffle Cut Fries...






While the Mrs sampled the Fried Noodles and Furikake Ahi mixed plate... she thought the noodles were extremely salty...






While I sampled the Fried Noodles and Teriyaki Salmon mixed plate... I didn't think the noodles were excessively salty, just the usual salty... though the Teriyaki Salmon were the thinnest slices I've ever seen... they appear normal in the photo but they were barely thicker then 1/4 inch... almost like slightly larger nigiri sushi slices that were cooked...






And I did place takeout orders for the Infinity Chocolate Cake which was the BOMB!






And the Mama Miya Chocolate Cake which was just ok...



And in the end, Mom was happy which counted the most... though she did inform me that she already had 4 water filters and I ordered another through Amazon... so Mom now has enough water filter for the next 30 months... I hope her Kenmore doesn't conk out before then...

Comments