Negroni Week, Finale

Ending the glorious week known as Negroni Week, we end with my personal favorite, Ryan's Negroni harkening back to that fateful day in the Buckeye Roadhouse. My gin of choice used to be Bafferts which highlighted the herbal and bitter qualities in Campari as they didn't clash with the herbals in gin but since I've been unable to find it in the 50th for many years, I now select either Botanist or Ki No Bi gin. My vermouth of choice is 1 part of Cocchi Torino, 2 parts Del Professore Bianco and Campari is well, Campari. Shaken over very cold ice in equal parts of gin, vermouth and Campari then served straight up in a martini glass garnished with an orange slice... I actually had a bottle custom etched by Reclamation Etchworks that had the perfect pour levels for the gin, red vermouth, white vermouth and Campari for 750mls of Negroni delight. I even left a bottle at my favorite restaurant - they actually offered it as a cocktail special...
So until next year, as Orson Welles said: "The bitters are excellent for your liver, the gin is bad for you. They balance each other"...

Comments