Copper Canyon Grill in Orlando



Had Sunday dinner at Copper Canyon in Pointe Orlando. I originally intended on sampling the Wagyu Carpaccio at The Capital Grille but since I’ve been eating out the past 4 days, thought I needed a little more fiber… for… err, well… Copper Canyon offered several dinner salads so dropped in. It was another full day so took a bar seat and had a Black & Tan (I sat right next to the beer taps). Luscious Guinness and smooth Bass Ale… mmm.



I started with one of their specials, the Crab Dip which contained large chunks of crab (five of them) in a cream cheese and cheese base with hints of red pepper. This was served with a warm baguette with a soft crust so as not to scar your upper palate.



I also ordered a side of Fries – these were just slightly fatter than matchsticks and perfectly crisp (and perfect for dippin’ in the leftover cream cheese base of the Crab Dip).I also sampled a Yengling Ale on tap – surprisingly this is NOT a Chinese beer as the name might indicate – it was from Pennsylvania! Nice body with fruity overtones.


My entrĂ©e was a Grilled Tenderloin Tip Salad. Perfectly grilled to a medium rare and VERY tender atop mixed salad greens, julienne pears, red onions and cornbread croutons with a sesame-honey dressing. This salad was KILLER! And it did give me a little more dietary fiber than I’ve been consuming these past several days.


For dessert, I chose the liquid route. Since I didn’t have any wine with my meal, I sampled their Red Bordeaux Martini with berry vodka, triple sec and cranberry and lime juices. It was sweet though it did taste a lot like Malolo strawberry syrup for shaved ice!



Would I return? You bet, Copper Canyon has a nice bar and there are several dishes I wouldn’t mind sampling!

Comments