Dassai Otter Fest 50



Okay, I'm unsure what the name of this Dassai sake origianlly was labeled as since it also goes by that Otter Fest name. Since the seimaibuai on this Dai Ginjo is 50%, it probably went by "Go-Ju-Bu" or "Gowari Bu" but I'm totally making this up. At a seimaibuai of 50%, this still qualifies as a Dai Ginjo though you can purchase three of these for one bottle of Otter Fest 23.

The nose was both honeydew and cantaloupe out front with secondary honeysuckle and papaya on the back end. This sake also had a rich mouthfeel but also finished with finesse - not heavy at all - just like its pricier sibling. My guess is that this would pair with heavier sashimi like maguro and hamachi along with hotate (scallops) and even semi cooked dishes (tataki sashimi).



And if you push me for a buy rating, I would rather purchase three bottles of Otter Fest 50 instead of one bottle of Otter Fest 23... but that's just me. Get it at SWAM Wine for $26 and change...

Comments