La Connor Seafood & Prime Rib




Before visiting The Wood Merchant in La Connor, we stopped for lunch at La Connor Seafood & Prime Rib. I originally intended on trying Palmer's Seafood since they now run the Oyster Creek Inn restaurant (which we last visited 3 years ago and loved but they subsequently folded only to be re-opened this year by the Palmer's group) but the Mrs preferred the additional pasta dishes offered by La Connor Seafood & Prime Rib.

Of course while in Rome... err, the great Northwest dine on regional specialties like clam chowder and it IS chow-der here, not chow-dah like in the Northeast. The chowder had a good clam flavor, not overly smoky from the bacon, not too salty and thick but not overly goopy from too much cornstarch or roux.


Also need to try the regional beer so I had a Moose Drool Ale. Doesn't sound appetizing but it was like a cross between Guinness and Gordon Biersch Oktoberfest, a very good brew.


After choosing the restaurant for their additional pasta courses, the Mrs promptly selected the Halibut & Chips (I believe Palmer's also had this dish) but she was happy with her selection. The fries were the hit - I think they may have been lightly coated with cornstarch to give them that additional crunch. She even consumed a whole piece batter and all (the Mrs usually peels of the deep fried batter after one bite for her own healthier option).


I had the Blau Fried Oysters & Fries. I prefer my fried oysters a little crispier but these were very fresh and I had the same crispy fries as the Mrs. And everyone knows that fries and mayonnaise based dressings (tartar sauce) rule over tomato based (ketchcup)... just don't tell the Mrs I said that.


Now off to The Wood Merchant to "drool" over their exquisite wood works...

Comments