Toby's in Coupeville



We always make a stop at Toby's when visiting Whidbey Island. It's a homey neighborhood watering hole with local faire like Penn Cove mussels, clams and fish & chips. They also serve several brews on tap. On this visit I tried Toby's Red Ale which was on the lighter side with a clean hoppy flavor.


The Mrs was feelin' the 50 degree chill so she had a cup of Split Pea then Toby's Crispy Halibut Burger which looked like your typical fast food fish sandwich but was very flaky on the inside.



I had the special Fried Oyster Burger which was basically a Po' Boy on a hamburger bun. I love fried oysters. I love raw oysters. I love oysters with ginger and green onion. Heck, as long as they're fresh I LOVE oysters PERIOD!

Will continue pay homage to Toby's whenever we're on Whidbey!

Comments