Weekday Lunch Buffet at Indigo



Since the two of us were off on Veteran's Day, we decided to pay another visit to Indigo on Thursday. They offer a great lunch buffet - on weekdays only - that features several types of salad faire along with three different types of main protein.

The salads offered on Thursday were a basic mixed green mesclun salad with your choice of dressing, a fresh corn and tomato salad, a rice vermicelli salad (almost like a cold chop chae), cooked eggplant, a broccoli salad, a miso-type chicken salad on red cabbage slaw (one of our faves for the day), a long green bean salad, marinated mushrooms and a mixed diced melon salad (I may have missed a salad dish or two).

For the proteins, they offered a pan sauteed fish with tahini-like white sauce, sliced chicken breast with a dark roasted peanut sauce and bite sized morsels of braised pork - almost like adobo but not as vinegary but very tender. They also offered a cold rice pilaf like across between pilaf and veggie fried rice and roasted baby potatoes.

A side table had two types of pizza (a veggie and a BBQ chicken pizza) and hummus with wedges of warm pita bread. I noticed that during the weekday lunch, they offered $4 martinis so I HAD to try the lychee martini.



This is a sample of the Mrs' first plate - in her defense she only had a small 2nd plate.


This is a samplin' of my first plate. Unlike the Mrs, I had a larger portion on my 2nd pass through the buffet line.


The only problem with the buffet line is you're given portions by a staff member - which is usually larger than what you would serve yourself. And since I hate wasting food, I usually consume what's on my plate even if I didn't put it there in the first place. Oh well, it's a single meal that lasts the whole day...

Comments