Dinner @ Indigo



We had a "Baby Shower" dinner for the Mrs' co-worker last night at Indigo. I use quotations as the child in question is already 5 months old though I haven't seen the Mrs' work crew for almost a year. I started the evening with the Sake-tini which is Skyy vodka with Gekkeikan sake and fresh cucumber and ginger. Quite refreshing and at $4 during happy hour (up until 8pm), a good deal. I selected the Steamed Bamboo Leaf Wrapped Mochi Rice with Kalua Pork ($9.50) which was a play on the traditional sticky rice at dim sum restaurants. It included a chili garlic sauce dip which rounded out the flavors.


The Mrs started with the Grilled Chive Flat Bread with hummus, baba ghanoush, yogurt dip and balsamic vinegar ($6). The flat bread was nice and chewy (probably their standard pizza dough) with little dippin' "sauces" as described.


I then progressed to Buddha's Feast ($22) which was a tofu and mushroom "Wellington" served with cannelini beans, asparagus and cherry tomatoes on a raspberry gastrique(?). With the mushroom duxelle, I think it would have been better to keep that earthier theme going throughout the dish (maybe with roasted root vegetables instead) and a richer sauce but this dish had flavor sensations going in all directions but not exactly in harmony.


The Mrs sampled the Moroccan Chicken ($28) which was a roulade stuffed ham, salami and boiled egg and this was served with a vegetable b'stilla or fillo dough wrapped savory pie and stuffed zucchini blossoms.


For dessert, S's brother made the baby shower themed cake(s) of baby blocks complete with the child's name (I think it was mispelled by one letter). The sugary fondant and chocolate interior gave it the taste of an oreo cookie with icey filling and chocolate exterior. Great job with the dessert!


Here are photos of other dishes sampled by diners last night - I didn't dig into everyone else's food so I can't describe how they tasted.






Based on cost, I'll still return for their weekday lunch buffets as I feel it's one of the better lunch buffets on the island. Dinner... perhaps I'll pay Epic another visit...

Comments