Hog Island Oyster Co at the Ferry Building



This was my one "had to" stop destination for the trip. Never mind Sonoma, I can always purchase wines at a store. Never mind REI, I can simply order online. Bottega was a first so it didn't qualify as "had to". But a bottle of bubbly and 2 dozen mixed bivalves had my name written all over it...

Only problem is the market opens at 8:00am on Saturday and most of the shops open at 9:00am but Hog Island doesn't open until 11:00am and they don't take reservations. Which means standing in line from about 10:45am. However the Ferry Plaza Wine Bar opens at 9:00am so we can get breakfast in before the 11:00am lunch. This time, I let the Mrs have her back to the shoppers (she didn't like looking at shoppers last time while sippin wine at 9:00am... don't know why, we're on vacation and it's Happy Hour somewhere in the world).

"Breakfast" was an order of Burrata and Acme bread


A mixed Salumi Platter (with killer mustard)


And since Bro proclaimed these the "best" pork rinds, I had to try a bag (very light but a bit greasy)


Now off to wait in the Hog Island Oyster Co line...


Start with bubbly, in our case a Domaine Carneros Cuvee de la Pompadour Rose


The Mrs started with a Persimmon Salad


Then the Oyster Stew


While K had the Clam Chowder


And the Grilled Cheese Sandwich


D selected the Mixed Seafood Plate with 1/2 Dungeness crab, 5 shrimp, 2 clams and 6 oysters


While I had my 2 dozen mixed oysters... silence please...


As long as Hog Island keeps shuckin', I'll keep returnin'...

Hog Island Oyster Bar
The Ferry Building Marketplace
One Ferry Building
San Francisco, CA 94111


(415) 391-7117

Monday-Friday 11:30 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

Comments