Noche Buena Cena 2011



Since the Mrs works this whole weekend, I made her a simple Spanish themed dinner tonight. I started with Iberico Bellota from La Tienda or that luscious salt and air cured ham from free roaming black footed pigs that gorge on acorns. The fat from Iberico Bellota literally melts in your mouth... I don't know how the animal doesn't simply melt from its own body temperature...


We also had some Lomo Curado or cured pork tenderloin


And of course food isn't complete without wine so I uncorked a bottle of 2004 de Restia Ribera del Duero Crianza (#23 on Wine Spectator's Top 100 wines of 2011).


I also procured jumbo prawns (under 15 count) that I marinated in olive oil, garlic, onion, oregano, cilantro and smoked paprika then grilled.


Along with the piece de resistance - Iberico Bellota end loin marinated in garlic, olive oil and sweet paprika and also grilled. This was served with Romesco sauce or a red pepper and almond based sauce.


And we needed a starch so I made a Spanish Torta with potatoes, onions, garlic, smoked paprika and olive oil.


The poor Mrs also works tomorrow but that's another meal (provided by Pah Ke's Chinese Restaurant). For those that also have to toil tomorrow, Feliz Navidad and hopefully those on the homefront have a meal waiting for you...

Comments