Soul de Cuba Dos



After the For The Love of Wine Festival at The Kahala this past Saturday, we decided to have lunch at Soul de Cuba with our partners in crime the next day. I'll admit that I was a little more than hangin' the next day since we were in the lounge well past midnight. When I finally opened my eyes the next morning, havin' Cuban food didn't really sound that enticing but after a shower and some java, I was rarin' to go.

Of course, what cures a hangover? Cocktails of course! Like the Rum Punch:


The Capirinha


And the Dark and Stormy


We also sampled the Beef, Chicken and Veggie Empanadas


And the Calamares Fritos


The Mrs wanted to try the Lechon Omelet but also wanted to sample the Fricase de Pollo - when the server said she could have a side of the Cuban Toast with the chicken, Pollo it was!


K ordered the Picadillo (ground beef with tomato, olives, peppers and capers)


While I selected the Ropa Vieja ("strings" of tender flank steak in tomato sauce)


We did skip dessert because frankly, it was time for a nap...

Comments