Mariposa for lunch



Since Sunday was the last day for triple points at Nordstrom (the Mrs has me trained to purchase stuff that doesn't go on sale during these special points days), we visited Ala Mo to get an early B-Day gift for her. Of course lunch comes first so we stopped at Mariposa mainly because the Mrs selected it and I had a merchandise credit since the holidays that I never used. Many may think that Mariposa costs an arm-and-a-leg since it's situated in Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) but the menu prices are comparable to any sit down restaurant in the area and the food is very good.

The Mrs ordered her usual Plantation Iced Tea


While I had the Frutti di Bosco, a blend of Prosecco, mixed berries and lemon


The usual amuse bouche is the Chicken Consomme


Followed by the Popovers and Guava Butter


The Mrs then sampled the Lentil Soup


While I noshed on the Mixed Fries - regular and sweet potato with smoked ketchup, truffle aioli and Sriracha mayonaisse. Their sweet potato fries are the best I've sampled - not oily and crisp exterior and tender but not mushy interior.



The Mrs then dove into her Smoked Salmon Omelet with asparagus topped with Hollandaise


While I selected the Pan Fried Salmon on Farro and Brussel Sprouts with Red Pepper Sauce - a perfectly seared salmon with perfectly cooked farro (the oldest grain known) with a slightly spicy red pepper sauce. Ono and healthy to boot!


I had the house Pinot Noir with my salmon - loads of Asian spice and a rich mouthfeel and long finish.


We skipped dessert since lunches like these last you the rest of the day!

Comments