The Pig & the Lady revisited



I'll admit it. It's been a while since I savored The Pig and the Lady faire. I mean, their Pop-Ups have gone on hiatus but that's not the reason. They usually frequent the various Farmers Markets 3 to 4 times a week with the same great food (and Mama Le's superlative soups). But I guess it's just me. I mean Saturday morning is one of my few cardio days since I have been neglecting weekday cardio for oh, a year or two. So ixnay on the KCC Saturday Farmers Market. KCC also offers a Tuesday Market from 4-7:00pm but that's a workday and gettin' in from Central Oahu during pau hana traffic is a bear so ixnay that too. The Blaisdell does have a Wednesday Market from 4-7:00pm but once again, you gotta put up with Honolulu pau hana traffic. Ixnay again. However, there is a Thursday Kailua Market from 5:30-7:00pm Market which actually is in my neck of the woods. And it's right by my UPS Box in case I'm pickin' up new acquisitions so that's totally doable! How 'bout meetin' up with the K's and CL for some pho... and Bo la lot... and Banh mi...
They started us off with Jasmine Pandan tea:


And we started with bubbly (once again, as a disclaimer good vino enhances good vino and vice versa but we were probably breakin' somebody's rule).


Along with the Bo La Lot or grilled Shinsato Farms pork wrapped in betel nut leaves. Great on its own and even better with the Le's homemade ginger sauce!


We also sampled the Com Ga Hoi An or Vietnamese Chicken Salad with cabbage, Thai basil, mint and rice paddy herb. Normally poached chicken skin isn't one of my favorite textural foods but I swear it was like eating wide egg noodles!


The Mrs selected the Oxtail Pho - again, a perfect bowl of balanced goodness courtesy of Mama Le!


While I had the Bun Cha Banh Mi or Shinsato Farms grilled pork belly and pork patties marinated in fish sauce with pickled carrots and daikon with fresh cilantro and shiso. Great flavor though a little hard to eat since the patties kept trying to escape the toasted buttered roll.


Another great meal courtesy of the Le clan! We WILL stop by again at the Kailua Farmers Market with your new menu!

Comments