Dinner @ Buzz's Lanikai



So I had another day left on the vacay before returning to the grind so we decided to have a last vacay meal and met friends at Buzz's in Lanikai. I've been to Buzz's in Waimalu but despite living on the Windward Side, never tried Buzz's in Lanikai.

We started with a Chianti Classico though I neglected to get a picture of the label along with an order of the Crispy Pork Wontons.


After a trip to the salad bar (I was still a little full from my double breakfast at The Whole Ox Deli), I uncorked a bottle of 2002 Reynolds Family Thirteen which included grapes from all thirteen AVAs in Napa Valley at the time (there currently are 16 AVAs in Napa Valley and the latest release of this Meritage is Fourteen).



The Mrs (and C) sampled the Petite Sirloin


While E had the locally raised Rib Eye (he said it was a little salty)


And I sampled the Ground Sirloin which I assumed was a fancy term for hamburger but it literally was like packing steak tartare then searing it. I DEFINITELY would order this again!


I of course was stuffed at this point but the girls had room for Mint Chocolate Chip Pie


And the Pumpkin Cheesecake


I guess we need to add Buzz's Lanikai to our Windward restaurant list too...

Comments