Lunch @ Tsukiji


We had an unplanned lunch at Tsukiji at Ala Moana. The Mrs originally wanted to grab a bite at Nordstrom after paying her monthly bill but the line backed up all the way to the escalators. Nope, not waiting. Mariposa had a 45 minute wait. Nadda again. CPK had a 15 to 20 minute wait. Nope. Already a line at Bubba Gump's (like I really wanted to go there), a line at Island Burger but no line at Tsukiji. Okay maybe just a short line and a 5 to 10 minute wait. That's do-able!

I started with a Lychee Martini. Man, Tsukiji has to have one of the most generous pours at Ala Moana. It had to have been at least 4 ounces with a substantial amount of Vodka. THUMBS UP!


The Mrs sampled the Lilikoi Mojito which was very refreshing!


This is a shot of my second plate with assorted proteins and carbs. My first plate was only sushi with my fave being the California Roll and the Shrimp Tempura Roll. Other highlights were the Mochi with Ginger and Green Onion, Teriyaki Salmon and Steamed Fish with Ginger and Green Onion. The Tempura also was good though the Oden was cold and I never sampled the Kim Chi Fried Rice as the tray was perpetually empty.


The Mrs went straight for the Teriyaki Chicken and BBQ ribs with a hoisin glaze.


Assorted desserts included the Chocolate Mousse Cake, Raspberry Mousse Cake, White Chocolate Cheesecake (my fave), Mini Cinnamon Roll and Gin Dui.


The Mrs also visited the Shave Ice Bar and had hers with strawberry syrup, adzuki beans and condensed milk. I'm lucky I didn't go into a diabetic coma after sampling her shave ice. AMAI in 60 font, capitals and bolded!


There were some hits and misses but for $20.99 especially at Ala Moana, you really can't can't beat that price for a buffet.

Comments