Clearing the Cellar Party @ HASR Bistro

I know how it feels. Sample a glass of wine. "Hey, that's good". I should buy a bottle... or two. That other wine was also very good. Maybe two of those too. And that one wine is very allocated and the merchant is willing to part with 3 bottles. No brainer. Gotta buy those. Next thing you know you have 3 cases of wines and no where to store them because your storage was full 1 month ago! Gotta throw that "Clearing the Cellar" party. Invite a few friends with specific instructions that they CAN'T bring any wine! I did this in the past where I'd uncork 6 to 8 bottles to make space. Of course my purchasing habits have gotten a bit past normal control. Uncorking 6 to 8 bottles won't clear that much space. And my French Brother's issues goes well past my uncontrolled purchasing... logarithmically! So he threw a "Clearing the Cellar" party at HASR Bistro with more wines than I've seen at professional tastings! And better bottles to boot!





































WOW! And double WOW! Triple WOW! Make that, even Southern Wine ans Spirits can't top this line-up. And I did stick to the rules - I didn't bring any wine... though nothing was said about food so I brought a Parmesan Gelato with Aged Honey and Candied Pecans and Walnuts and Zinfandel Poached Pears, Truffled Chicken Liver Pate, Crispy Pig Ears with a Pinot Noir and Balsamico Gastrique and Baked Brie topped with Wine Braised Mixed Mushrooms. HASR Bistro also put out quite a spread of heavy appetizers including a rib roast carving station all courtesy of our hosts, the K's. So mahalo E & C for the Cellar Clearing of a lifetime! I'll help you empty bottles anytime you cal...

Comments