Lunch @ Grand Leyenda Cantina


Since we had a couple of errands at Ward Center, we decided to just have lunch there instead of driving around tryin' to decide where to eat. I offered the Mrs Genki Sushi - NO! - probably because she didn't want to diminish the recent memory of Mitch's. Ryan's - maybe - "hey what's that place"?... it's Grand Leyenda... used to be the old Compadres. "Let's try it". "Uh, ok". I always wonder when a themed restaurant (like Compadres) can't make a go after years in business then another similarly themed restaurant takes their place... Anyway the interior was totally redone and Grand Leyenda apparently bottles their own tequilas and even has personal liquor lockers for rent(?) at the entrance. And though it was hot enough to quaff several brewskies, when in Rome... so I sampled the Organic Legend with Grand Leyenda Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice and agave syrup.



I always prefer my margueritas with Grand Marnier over Triple Sec since the lime juice provides enough acidity. This version also had agave syrup so it wasn't too sweet but juuuuust right! The Mrs wanted to dry out so she just had the Plantation Ice Tea.


We then were served their house chips and salsa. Freshly made tortilla chips with fresh salsa.


The Mrs wanted lighter faire so she chose the Fish Veracruz - nice and flaky though I believe it was that ubiquitous white fish... tee-lah-pee-ah.


I debated on a burrito and they do offer the 5 pound burrito for... $55! However, finish the whole thing and it's on the house. I wisely chose the Combo Plate #1 with 2 cheese enchiladas and 1 chicken tamale.


Good but nothing really special. I did want to dine inside since it was so hot but their AC was either off or not working at full capacity as the outside ambient temperature seemed about the same. They do have a very large selection of tequila adorning the bar which I may have to sample some day... when it's a lot cooler.

Comments