Moela a Gochiso Gourmet



I first tried this dish at the now defunct Adega Portuguesa restaurant in Chinatown. We first... actually only visited the restaurant once for lunch after a night of wining and wining (the Kahala Wine Festival). I immediately took to this dish of chicken gizzards cooked with tomatoes, garlic, peppers and olives (Moela a Adega). So much so that I've tried to recreate it several times in my own kitchen. And now that Adega is no more (I guess it woulda helped if I dined there more...), this version of Moela a Gochiso will have to suffice. Start with chicken gizzards - fresher the better but these were your standard supermarket previously frozen variety but they looked pretty good through the shrink wrap.


Then chop a variety of green, red and yellow peppers


Onions


Garlic


One can of diced tomatoes


And the Gochiso secret seasonings... Goya! I always add several dashes of Goya Adobo in all of my Latin-type dishes.


And some Sazon Goya... it said pollo on the box and these are pollo gizzards (not that beef or pork have gizzards)


And salt and pepper along with mucho dried cilantro. As you see, I use dried cilantro so much, I buy da beeg bag!


Mix well


Then start my trusty Fagor combo slow and pressure cooker. First on low pressure for 30 minutes then slow cook for 4 hours then finish for 30 minutes on low pressure...


Tender and tasty... maybe not authentic to a Portuguese grandmother but still some good eatin'!

Comments