Small kine grindz



Finished up some seasonal shopping so I decided to just purchase dinner on Friday. The Mrs wasn't very hungry anyway since her workplace had their Christmas luncheon that day. So it was just one pound of Tamura's special poke (fresh, not carbon monoxized) for $13.99 a pound and a Safeway sushi tray for another $13.99.


Of course, you can't live with food alone so I cracked open one-third of my box of Born Hyozan Dai Ginjo sake. Intentionally shaped to fit the 3 bottles together - Mr Kato the proprietor of Born says it symbolizes man's interdependence on one another. All I know is that it has a rich fragrant nose with a touch of sweetness on the palate with a rich, full mouth-feel with white flowers, melon and a touch of citrus curd.


If it weren't $150 for the box, I'd drink this regularly... along with Born's Yume wa Masayume... at $250 per bottle. Guess I'll stick with Born's $30 Dai Ginjo for my regular sake...

Comments