Brunch @ Mariposa



The Mrs decided she that she wanted to do several errands at Ala Moana last Sunday. Normally I would nix the idea... "too busy, too crowded, too everything..." "Just go after work someday"... But since it was playoff Sunday, I assumed Ala Mo would be empty. Ok, I'll take you. WRONG MOVE! Apparently no one told the NFL watching hordes that it was playoff Sunday. We got there before 12pm and the only parking left was on the upper level outside of Macy's. WTF? Luckily the Mrs now has a smartphone after years with a basic flip-phone. So she actually booked a table at Mariposa about 15 minutes before I killed the ignition. And when we arrived at Mariposa, diners without reservations were told it was at least a 30 minute wait while we were immediately seated! SCORE! OpenTable - 7, no reservations - 0 !

As they usually do, we were first served the Chicken Consomme in demi-tasse


I started with a glass of Venetian sparkling Rose


While the Mrs had a special with pomegranate, bitters and some bubbly - it was VERY GOOD!


We then moved on to the Mixed poke with ahi, hamachi and salmon on brown rice almost like a high end poke bowl



And the mixed fries for the Mrs


She selected the Omelet


While K had the Benedict


And I had the Lobster Club


With the Mariposa House Chardonnay - very good and it was a pleasant surprise that our server Keoni was V's nephew (V is one of our wine group regulars)


I also had a glass of Conundrum with my Lobster Club which paired better than the Chardonnay due to the slight sweetness in the wine. Keoni also comped us two desserts, a Chocolate Crunch Bar which would give Alan Wong's a run for their money.


And a Tarte with Pumpkin Ice Cream. The ice cream was THE BOMB! No, make that NUCLEAR!


Though parking was a bear, it was a nice relaxing brunch and the Lobster Club filled me enough that I didn't even need any dinner that evening... just some vino!

Comments