The PearSecco



Since the K's donated to The Pig and the Lady's fundraiser which included a one hour session with their Bar Manager - who I also hear is a great mixologist himself, I tried refining a drink I made several months ago at a dinner with the K's, my PearSecco. Back then I simply added a splash of pear infused vodka to a Champagne flute then topped it off with Prosecco. The problem that evening was the vodka gave too much of an alcoholic hit while the Prosecco was very dry magnifying the alcohol burn. So I changed gears and used a sweeter Prosecco, a Ruffino.


I also boosted the pear flavors with some Looza pear nectar.


And swapped out the vodka for pear brandy, Poire William Grand Reserve brandy.


And this is the final result. A lot more pear flavors goin' on and less of the alcohol burn. Actually pretty good with the leftovers we had for dinner and probably with The Pig and the Lady's noveau Vietnamese cuisine.


But alas, they didn't have space for our session tomorrow... which may be nixed all together. Oh well, the trials are what make the journey fun, not necessarily just end result.

Comments