The Napa Valley Distillery



While I was plannin' our usual Napa Valley vacation last year, I came across the Oxbow Public Market on the web while doin' a search for the Hog Island Oyster Company. The Oxbow Public Market is in the heart of Napa town with loads of vendors, restaurants (including the Hog Island Oyster Co) and a sprit shop; the Napa Valley Distillery. Turns out that they create their own artisanal spirits including gin - my fave, along with barrel aged cocktails including a barrel aged Negroni - my other fave. So I couldn't wait until our trip to sample their libations. Of course, we cancelled our trip last year due to family reasons. So no Napa Valley Distillery... until I found out that they started shipping their libations! I'm so THERE!


Of course the barrel aged Negroni is in my cart


Made with their own gin, sweet vermouth and their bitter orange liqueur instead of Campari, it was a smoother version of the Negroni almost with hints of an aged whickey.


Add a bottle of Ginn to the cart


Had to make the proper gin and tonic with Q Tonic water. Their gin was like a combo of Kensington, Old Raj and Uncle Val's with distinct citrus notes and loads of spices.


And some Meyer Lemon Liqueur in the cart (I didn't sample this bottle yet)


Finishing with barrel aged East India Cocktail with brandy, Curacao, blueberry syrup and orange bitters tasting like a mixture of Cointreau and Hennesey VSOP.


Good stuff I must say though it'll burn a small hole in your wallet since the bottles are all 375ml and all run ~$30 plus the $50 for shipping to the 50th. But in reality, cocktails at nice restaurants created by "mixologists" with hand crafted syrups run in the $8 all the way up to $20  averaging in the $12 range so assuming you can get at least 4 drinks per bottle, that's $7.50 per drink or $10.50 if you add in the shipping. And you don't have to get dressed up to sip these libations...

Comments