Dinner(s) @ the Oxbow Market



After samplin' wines at Castello di Amorosa and a full lunch at Bottega, I only planned on samplin' some happy hour priced oysters for dinner (one chef selected oyster is 50% off from 5 to 7pm every Tuesday and Wednesday). So I started with a glass of bubbly, an Iron Horse sparkler bottled exclusively for Hog Island Oyster Co ($12).



I then settled in to my dozen Hog Island Cliffside beauties ($1.50 apiece) from Discovery Bay WA


While the Mrs chose the Tricolore Salad ($9) with endive, arugula and radicchio with apples, pecans and a honey-lemon vinaigrette. Good enough that we plan on "stealing" this recipe.


She also gave in and had a half dozen Cliffside oysters so I thought we were done for the evening...


...But she wanted to sample the Kitchen Door right across from Hog Island so there I was watchin' the Giants gettin' massacred in Game 6 with my glass of 2012 Jupiter Pope-Childs Vineyard Sangiovese from a TAP (certain wineries fill "kegs" with wine connected to nitrogen tanks to reduce the amount of bottles - very "green" and more sustainable).


Along with my Beef Carpaccio ($12.50) with a Vietnamese herb salad, chili peanuts and wasabi peas with a lime aioli. YOWZA! One of the better renditions of carpaccio I've tried and believe me, I consume my raw beef like no one's business!


While the Mrs sampled the Armenian Pizza ($16.95) - I thought it would be more like a Lahmajun or Turkish wrap but it was simply a pizza with spiced lamb sausage with a green salad and pomegranates though the Mrs enjoyed it.


At this point, I almost needed to be rolled home. Too much wine, too much food...

Comments