Smoked Vittles


Since I smoked a second round of tofu for my Smoked Tofu Club Sandwich, I also threw some non-veg items in the Char Broiler as well including a couple of lamb chops ($5 per pound on Friday at Safeway) and some monchong the Mrs found at Foodland which also was on sale. Of course that white rolled item at the top of the photo is the Smoked Bacon Cheeseburger "Sushi"...


The "Sushi" recipe was forwarded to me by the editor of the Nichi Bei Weekly... It's basically mozzarella inside of ground beef (like the filling in makizushi) which is rolled in strips of bacon (the bacon is like the nori). I then smoked it for 75 minutes...


I also smoked some Yukon Golds but these were done in the oven. I previously purchased these smoker bags from Williams-Sonoma on sale. The bags are double layers of thick aluminum foil with wood sawdust between the layers. When the bag gets heated, the smoke permeates the food internally - you can smell the smokiness but non of it escapes out of the bag...


After 75 minutes, the Bacon Cheeseburger "Sushi" is complete...



The sliced view... what I enjoyed most was the cheese that oozed from either end and almost turned into smoked cheese jerky on the grill grates...


Okay, time to double up on my atorvastatin dose next week...

Comments