Dinner @ Mitch's Fish Market and Sushi Bar


We finally got together for another superlative meal at Mitch's Sushi... I say finally because the Mrs purchased a bottle of the Born Yume wa Masayume daiginjo sake from HASR Wine Co several months ago and it was sitting in refrigerator all this time. Whenever I opened the 'frig, there it was staring at me begging to be released... into my stomach... but since it was the Mrs' purchase, I simply ignored it. Then in January, The Sake Shop hosted a Born tasting with owner Atsuhide Kato who brought several other Born sake that I've never seen in the 50th including the Chogin daiginjo which was created for the Imperial family. When we found out that the I's had never been to Mitch's, we "had" to set up a dinner date. So we first started with some Drappier bubbly uncorked by E then order 4 portions of Mitch's Special Course - since C and G have shellfish allergies, they simply ordered non shellfish selections off the menu.

So the first course was a cold abalone dish...


With the Born Yume wa Masayume... if I ever hit those Powerball numbers, this will be my everyday sake... white flowers, melon, tropical fruit and citrus on the nose with a rich mouthfeel and perfect palate flow... and it paired with every dish...


C and G stared with the Unagi...


And the Negitoro, Negihama and Salmon Skin Roll...



Next up was the Sashimi Platter from the Special Course...


Along with Grilled Salmon...


Then I open the "piece de resistance", the Born Chogin with its 20% seimaibuai... literally 80% of the outer rice grain is milled off... this sake was more about finesse as it had a perfumy nose and slight sweetness on the palate...



Then some cooked abalone...


And the Sushi Platter...


And some second round selections...



Ending with the Lobster Miso Shiru... the best miso soup...


So I can now say that I've sampled all of Kato Kichibee's daiginjo sake (they only produce daiginjo sake)... but you know what? My favorite is still the Yume was Masayume... guess I'm not Imperial Family material...

Comments