Diner Greek @ Hank's Haute Dogs





This post is really late as Hank has already completed his Diner Greek series of dinners and we anxiously await the next theme. But it's better late than never especially when it's food created by the Dog King himself. This meal started an amuse bouche of toasted pita wedges and hummus...








I'm getting really bad as I not only bring wines and a special cocktail for the Diner but I'm bringing my own themed dishes... In this case it was my homemade lamb and rice stuffed dolmades with my extra special tzatziki sauce...








V did a mini-tasting with two selections from Domaine Trotereau - the regular and "old vines" Quincy Sauvignon Blanc...








Then Hank presented his Tiropita or cheese and spinach stuffed filo triangles... like handheld spanakopita...






A salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta followed...






Then the main course of Roasted Leg of Lamb...






Served with roasted potatoes... these were as close they come to the old Whole Ox Deli's "Johnny Aloha" potatoes...






With green beans in tomato sauce...






I did uncork a bottle of 2012 Ground Boots Pinot Noir from Gypsy Canyon Vineyards...








Then a dessert of Kataifi (shredded filo that Chef Chai wraps his prawn dish with)... on vanilla anglaise...







Once again, another great themed Diner prepared by Hank Adaniya. I also created my own Greek themed cocktail, the Yasou Good-Lookin' with ouzo, Metaxa, fennel syrup and Q Tonic water that I even shared with the table next to us... As I mentioned we eagerly await his next set of dinners later this month...

Comments