Dinner @ Vino



The Mrs worked this past weekend but still wanted to visit Vino after work for a quiet dinner. As we were about to be seated, we were informed that Vino was celebrating its 1 year anniversary in the new spot since they reopened. I should have realized it as when I first logged into Facebook, the selfie of the Mrs and yours truly was front and reminding me that I posted it exactly 1 year ago... that selfie was taken on Vino's reopening.

I started with a glass of Prosecco while the Mrs had her usual gin fizz...


Then the Frittata Amuse Bouche was served...


We then moved on to the Charred Broccoli...


The Kula Alii Mushrooms on a sizzlin' platter of Plugra (European style) butter...


And the Calamari...


When Ms K arrived, I ordered a bootle of Furst Spatburgunder (Pinot Noir) thinking it would pair with both the calamari and the mushroom dishes...


We also sampled the Pizza with Local Mushrooms and that glorious runny egg front and center...

And though Ms K was nursing a cold, she did get in adequate fluids so we also ordered a bottle of Scaggs Vineyard Montage - a typical Rhone blend with the bulk being Grenache... and yes, the Scaggs is the Boz Scaggs...


Since we had the bold red, the Mrs opted for the Vintage Steak...


While Ms K had her namesake pasta...


And I simply noshed on the salumi and cheese platter...


The Mrs finished the evening with chocolate cannoli which was the dessert course at last Sunday's Ultimate BYOB...


If the photos look great, they're taken with my Samsung S7 in "food" mode... Yup, I don't even carry my "real" cameras with me anymore. This phone camera takes way better pictures...


And a final shot of the selfie from 1 year ago...

Comments