Lunch @ Big City Diner


The Mrs wanted to dine out for lunch so I did a menu search for all restaurants in K-Town (it was constantly raining so I didn't want to make a trip over the Koolaus). I assumed that she might want to sample Ichiriki since it was a little chillier than usual but she selected Big City Diner. I guess I do owe the Muraoka's (owner and founder Lane Muraoka's father was my dentist and I did bite the senior Muraoka as a child during one of my dental visits) due to my wild behavior as a child.


I started with the 25 ounce Samuel Adams Oktoberfest...


While the Mrs tried the li hing iced tea...


We then had a plate of fries (I debated whether to bring a little container of the Berbere ketchup I made for the Mrs...)


The Mrs chose the Chinatown noodles - they also offer a fried saimin so the Mrs asked what the difference was. The Chinatown noodles are more like a chow mein at a Chinese restaurant with more "gravy" and more veggies. The Fried Saimin is a drier stir fry with more saimin-like accoutrements.


I selected a newer item, the Veri-Teri Hamburger Steak...

Whoa, 10 ounces pre-cooked weight with stir fried veggies... I did opt for the brown rice to balance my brewsky and the ground beef.... Nice teri sauce though I did feel a little thirsty about an hour later probably from the excess sodium load...

Comments