Lunch @ Livestock Tavern


Since I had to exchange my Sig on Smith alohawear that I purchased 2 weeks ago (Sig on Smith is only open from 10:00am to 6:00pm on Fridays... that's it) for a larger size, we decided to have lunch at Livestock Tavern since it's right across the street. Unlike 2 weeks ago when it was packed, only one other couple was dining when we got there at 11:15am.

The current menu is still the Autumn Menu but I'm pretty sure that will soon change...


The Mrs started with a glass of the Peach, Cinnamon and Almond Sweet Tea...


While I sampled the Bad Form with Overholt rye, Cocchi Tocino, Averna, Nocino and Xocolatl Mole Bitters... a very nice blend of flavors and it actually paired with our starters...


To start, the Mrs selected the Fried Brussels and Artichokes with house cured lamb bacon (the BOMB), candied pecans and a lemon vinaigrette... probably the best fried sprouts I've ever sampled!


While I selected the Hen of the Wood Mushrooms with Poached Egg or their take on the classic Salade Lyonaisse with crisped pork belly and a truffled vinaigrette... another GREAT starter!


The Mrs then selected a lunch special, Braised Beef Cheeks on Pappardelle... the slices of beef cheek were as tender as meat gets gets...


While I finally sampled the Maine Lobster Roll with French Fries... I wanted to try this when it first appeared on the Summer Menu and thankfully it remained on the Autumn Menu... Creamy, rich lobster... heaven...

Sampled with a glass of 2014 Charles Bove Vouvray which help cut through the richness of mayonnaise and lobster... Can't wait to see what's on the Winter menu though there's still several selections on the current menu that I want to sample...

Comments