Oshogatsu 2017



After completing our ozoni (I did all of the mis en place and the osumashi stock the day before), we finally partook in our first meal of the Year of the Rooster, a steaming bowl of ozoni.



I also made my own kuromame or sweetened black beans (to contribute to well-being at work over the new year)...


And this year I even made my own konbumaki since the prepared variety costs about $25 per pound...



After visiting my father-in-law, we headed for Mom's where I uncorked a bottle of Gonet Rose (thanks Chuck and Cheryle)...


To savor with sashimi - sake, hamachi and ahi...


Along with assorted nigiri sushi (from Genki... don't worry, we already had our Hep A shots)...


So I hope that this year (actually the next four years) won't be a nightmare... otherwise I'll have to start drinking round' the clock...

Comments