Dinner @ Vino



Since it's been a while since we dined with the I's, we decided to join them at Vino. Before we even ordered, Chuck notified us that a couple dining n the far corner was none other than winemaker Helen Keplinger and her husband DJ Warner. Because their rambunctious son was wandering throughout the restaurant (and near our table), DJ came over to retrieve Emerson and that's when V informed DJ that they met in Napa about 8 years earlier. He said he thought V looked a little familiar - I told him that the only thing he saw from me was my mailing address as I've been purchasing Keplinger wine for the past 5 years. it was then that Helen came over to introduce herself and I reinforced that she made great wines that I still purchase.


The Mrs started with the cocktail of the evening, What's New is Old Fashioned with aged rum, Yukon Jack, rosemary simple syrup with bitters, soda and charred lemon... very good!


While I had my standard glass of Lokelani Rose (to support local)...


G then spread cheese on crackers to start...


We then ordered several of the specials of the evening including the Fresh House Made Fiore di Latte Mozzarella...


The Bucatini Carbonara...


And the Risotto alla Milanese with Hudson Valley foie gras...


V uncorked a 2015 (AD) i Nove Fratelli... loads of earth with some new leather...


While I opened a 2001 La Spinetta Valeirano Barbaresco... I love me some La Spinetta...


For the White Wine Braised Pork and Artichoke...


And the Sizzling Nature's Natural Rib Eye...


V also uncorked a 1999 Gunderloch Riesling...


Chef Keith then brought a plate of Linguine with Ligurian Pesto that he learned as he just returned with the boss from a trip to Italy...


We then finished the evening with dessert including the Olive Oil Cake...


And the Pot de Crème...


While I savored my usual Negroni...

Another great meal with familia and as you know by now, we'll be back...

Comments