Breakfast @ Over Easy

We had some time to kill while waiting for a friend's preventive health procedure as we were the designated transporters so we decided to have breakfast at Over Easy. We've been to the sister restaurant, Easy 'Que on several occasions - which we've always enjoyed - but never sampled breakfast at the original restaurant... until today. Ms S started with a Lilikoi Mimosa...
While I just had an Iced Tea...
Ms S then chose the Brunch Bowl with sourdough toast and candied bacon along with two soft boiled eggs, avocado, kale and microgreens with tomato jam and housemade yogurt... she also ordered a side of the Crispy Potatoes... almost healthy if you disregard the bacon... she loved the dish - I liked the tomato jam so much I tried making my own several days later...
While I sampled the Kalua Pig Hash with smoked pork (I wonder if this is smoked at Easy 'Que), both purple and fingerling potatoes, Green Goddess dressing, cilantro and topped with sunny sides and lomi tomato. Our server first asked if my eggs were ok over easy... I asked if I could get them sunny side (don't want to overcook yolks) and she said most definitely. This was also a KILLER dish as the tomato and cilantro helped balance the rich Green Goddess and pork... It also carried me for the rest of the day as I still wasn't very hungry by dinner...
Since Ms S is off again on Wednesday, she's actually debating whether we return so she can sample the Crispy Edge Pancakes, Kailua Eggs or Fried Egg Sandwich... no arguments from me...

Comments