Adult Beverages, Part 2

The first cocktail wasn't really a cocktail at all but a bottle of Gin-n-Tonic Pickles... I guess you could say they were boozy pickles as they were marinated overnight in gin, tonic water and lime juice plus I added a little more cracked juniper berries to reinforce the gin flavor. They were delicious with sandwiches and after I finished the pickles, strained the liquid...
Then added a squirt to a standard gin and tonic for a Pickled Gin and Tonic... Since I received my order from Bittercube of assorted cocktail bitters, I used one of their recipes for the "Airmail" which had rum, lime juice, honey syrup and sparkling wine (I used Prosecco) plus their blackstrap bitters for their take on an Old Cuban...
While perusing the internet for new cocktails, I found a riff on my favorite libation, the Negroni. However, this version - the Apple Negroni - used apple brandy and Nolet gin (one of my favorite gins) plus Campari and Cynar...
And since I had a small bottle of Midori in the 'fridge and wanted to finish it and also because St Patrick's Day was nearing - you need to have a green tinged cocktail on St Paddy's Day... I made a "Shamrocked" using Midori, Irish whisky and creme liqueur... garnished with whipped creme and fresh mint... Ms S loved this libation!
Continuing the green theme, I also sampled a "Greenhorn" with Midori, blanco tequila and Suze...
Finally, I found a recipe for a "Banana Bread Old Fashioned" with bourbon, banana liqueur (I have a bottle mainly to make bananas Foster), brown sugar syrup and both black walnut and chocolate bitters... pretty tasty stuff...
Well, that's it for now...

Comments